Protect Their Passions
by Roya Dedeaux, LMFT
This is a 30 page practical workbook containing dozens of exercises to help parents honor, support, and actively work to protect their children’s interests, hobbies, and passions.
This workbook is for you if:
- You have kids
- Your kids have interests
It is especially for you if:
- Some of those interests don’t interest YOU
- If you think they could be spending their time on something more worthwhile
- You feel like there is some tension or distance between you and your children
- You just don’t get why they want to spend all their time doing that thing
- You love that they have something they love, but feel out of touch and don’t know how to connect with them about it
Who am I?
I’m a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with degrees in Counseling and Recreation and Leisure Studies. I have spent the bulk of my academic and professional careers studying and learning about how recreation, play, leisure, hobbies, interests, and passions impact and are impacted by mental health.
Why did I create this workbook?
Because the vast majority of clients I see have some sort of damaging self-talk about how they or their children spend their leisure time. This directly impacts their own sense of self, and that of their children. I truly believe that one of the best things we can do for the mental and emotional health of our children is to actively honor their interests. Sometimes we lack the creativity or imagination to do that well, or to find solutions for logistical problems. The goal of this workbook is to help you address a few areas:
- Logistical barriers (things like: money, space, time)
- Emotional barriers (things like: your messaging about the value of play or work, fears about type of play, distaste for content)
This workbook is designed to be a starting place to think about these topics.
To purchase your digital download, click the blue “purchase” button below.
Once you have finished paying with PayPal, MAKE SURE TO CLICK ON “RETURN TO MERCHANT” TO RECEIVE YOUR DOWNLOAD! There will be a link in your purchase confirmation!